Friday, June 5, 2009

Eat Stop Eat

Yesterday I came across the concept of intermittent fasting as a way of increasing health, and decreasing body fat if that is necessary. Have to say in my case, it is definitely necessary!

Today is my first day of fasting for health, I'm drinking water and fresh lemon juice and ginger tea. Feels good, not really hungry at all. I am used to fasting for two meals once a month, so the hardest part for many people isn't that hard for me: going without food for a day just takes adjusting the way you think. If you're thinking about how much you want food, it's going to be way too hard.

I recommend reading up about EatStopEat, try Googling it and see how many negative reviews you can find - there are almost none that you can take seriously. The Pro's are lengthy, and the Cons are about getting used to fasting and the fact that you need to do some kind of resistance training coupled with 2 x 24 hour fasts per week.

I haven't bought the book, by the way: I'm doing this based on my prior knowledge of the science behind fasting, coupled with the info I've gleaned from the internet about E.S.S. Honestly I would love to read the book, but it's US$39.99 more than I'm willing to pay right now.

The proof will be in the pudding, as they say. I currently have 10kg or 20lb of excess bodyfat that I'm happy to say goodbye to, let's see what happens as I start to implement the simple concepts of Eat Stop Eat.

I should warn you that if you click on the heading of this post you'll be taken to what looks like a hype filled page convincing you to try the newest fad. Ignore the hype, there really is more to this than you might think. The author's blog looks worth following.

0 comments: