Friday, August 5, 2011

Early Spring?

The weather this week has been beautiful. Cool enough to wear long sleeves and snuggle under quilts at night, but not cold enough for hot water bottles.

Just before going away with Ess last month, I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the Nikon 28-300 lens! It's quite a handful. I've been enjoying learning how to use it, and yes, there is a learning curve - for me, anyway. Going out into the garden has been an enjoyable way to see just what this lens can do, what my camera can do, and what I can do with them both. Lots of awful shots, but lots of learning even from those.

Here are two of our neighbours, happily roosting in the big tree in our front yard. This shot was taken this week from right under the tree (the tree is taller by far than our 2 storey house), using a tripod.




0 comments: